Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0

From: Adrian Klaver
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] ANN: rdiff-backup-fs 1.0.0
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 09:11:22 -0800

On 02/09/2011 07:35 AM, Alex Schuster wrote:
Adrian Klaver writes:

It looks very interesting to the point that I downloaded the source and
unpacked the tar ball. What I can't seem to find is any documentation on
how to set it up and use it. It is entirely possible I have gone by the
docs without noticing them. Any pointers would be welcome.

It's done like this:

tar xf rdiff-backup-fs-1.0.0.tar.gz
cd rdiff-backup-fs-1.0.0
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
su -c "make install"
man rdiff-backup-fs
rdiff-backup-fs /mnt /backup/mybackup

        Wonko

Thanks I got it running. Love the layout.

One suggestion, have the above or something like it replace the generic instructions in the INSTALL file

One question, is there a reason the mounted archive has root permissions when the rdiff-backup-fs command is run as normal user? This under Kubuntu 10.04.

Thanks,
--
Adrian Klaver
address@hidden