[rdiff-backup-users] Daemon VS ssh

From: Valerio Pachera
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Daemon VS ssh
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:39:19 +0100

Is it possible to use rdiff-backup like rsync-daemon?
I mean, instead of using an ssh tunnel, could it be possible to
connect to a rdiff-backup deamon that do no use encryption like rsynd
does?

it would be easy to configure on windows host. So we could have a
central backup server that connects to clients that are running the
deamon.

Also encryption is not always required. In these casees it's just a
waste of resoruces.

What do you think about it?