[rdiff-backup-users] Backup hangs

From: Neil Benn
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup hangs
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:57:30 +0100

Hello,

        I'm trying to use rdiff backup to backup from my work server to a hard drive on my home network (needed for audit purposes - I know it sounds crazy but there you go!).  The network is very slow however it seems that rdiff backup starts working and then eventually grinds to a halt about halfway through never making it to the end - I'm backing up about 40Gb.  Obviously once the in ital backup is done the amount of transferred data will be smaller but rdiff-backup never manages to get through to the end it always jams somewhere.  Is there a way to determine if rdiff backup is still transferring the data but very very slowly so I can work out if rdiff-backup has frozen or if it is just on a go slow?

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Benn Msc
Director
Ziath Ltd
Phone :+44 (0)7508 107942
Website - http://www.ziath.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This message, including any attached documents, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Ziath Ltd immediately by email at address@hidden. Thank you.