Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Automate SSH passphrase login during rdiff-back

From: Jernej Simončič
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Automate SSH passphrase login during rdiff-backup
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:59:45 +0200

On 30. junij 2010, 23:24:15, Justin Holleb wrote:

> I realize this is ideal, but unfortunately I am required to issue the
> key with a passphrase. I've tried to explain the inelegance of this
> solution but sometimes things cannot be changed =)

Take a look at SSH_ASKPASS environment variable then:
<http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.security.ssh/2005-02/0087.html>

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><><><><><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

           Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.