[rdiff-backup-users] strange file size

From: Eric Beversluis
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] strange file size
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:30:33 -0500

I've been using rdiff-backup to an external HDD (ext3). I'm wanting to
copy the files to a new external HDD.

Nautilus tells me that the size of file Home-backup is 10.1 GB, yet when
I try to copy it, the system wants to copy 71.0 GB. The other folders on
the directory have about 10GB total--also rdiff-backups, of other
directories. Yet Nautilus tells me that the partition has 91.4 GB used
but shows contents of only 37.1 GB.

Is rdiff-backup putting stuff on the disk that doesn't show up anywhere?

Thanks.
EB