Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Poor Restoration Performance

From: Dean Cording
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Poor Restoration Performance
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:25:09 +1100

That only works if the rdiff-backup server is run as root during the backup.
For various reasons, my rdiff-backup is run using an unprivileged user.
Therefore all of the ownership and file permission information is stored in the
rdiff-backup metadata files and can only be restored using rdiff-backup.

Dean