[rdiff-backup-users] Comments in include-filelist file?

From: Scott Carpenter
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Comments in include-filelist file?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 08:00:46 -0600

I'd like to include comments in files for --include-filelist and --include-globbing-filelist, but noticed an error when I tried using the hash symbol #:

----------------------
Reading filelist /home/example/rdiff-include-list.txt
Warning: file specification '# a comment' in filelist /home/example/rdiff-include-list.txt
doesn't start with correct prefix /home/example.  Ignoring.
Sorting filelist /home/example/rdiff-include-list.txt

Is there a way to legally have comments in the include files?

Seems pretty basic but searching google with queries including the word
"comment" adds a lot of noise to the results so I'm resorting to bothering you
people. :-)

Thanks!

Scott