[rdiff-backup-users] Failover to warm standby and restore

From: Steve . Dutky
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Failover to warm standby and restore
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:30:09 -0500

Dear all,

A friend recommended that I use rdiff-backup to maintain a back up of an
inconveniently large, reasonably slowly changing file repository.

I would like to keep the back up copy on a warm standby system, so that if the
primary host fails, I can reconfigure the standby to replace it.

I understand that modifying the back up files will invalidate the rdiff
snapshots.

Is there a sane way of keeping the snapshots valid that does not involve
maintaining a second back-up copy?

When the primary host comes back up, are there any extraordinary considerations
for updating its repository ?

Thanks, Steve