Re: [rdiff-backup-users] delete initial mirror

From: plug bert
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] delete initial mirror
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

    Hmm...so in that case, if i want to incrementally back up a 100gb file
daily for one week, and for simplicity's sake, assume the file grows 1gb per
day, my backup media will need to be at least 100gb + 6gb?

   i was kinda hoping for a method wherein we would just need to back up the
100gb file at the beginning of the week, then just store the deltas for the
rest of the week. If recovery is needed, just apply the deltas in reverse
chronological order -- preferrably not being dependent on earlier deltas to
restore the file to a past point in time...-