Re: [rdiff-backup-users] option to not chmod() on destination at all

From: Matthew Miller
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] option to not chmod() on destination at all
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:14:35 -0400

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 09:09:23PM +0200, Carl Chenet wrote:
> It seems a bit counterproductive to store metadata externally but
> also insist on using chmod() if possible.

There's an advantage in each approach. Not changing file permissions has the
strengths you give, but on the other hand keeping them matching the source
files means that I can provide my users with a snapshot of the last backup
which they can access without my intervention.

--
Matthew Miller           address@hidden          <http://mattdm.org/>