RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Quick question - Can rdiff (or anything else)

From: eharvey
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Quick question - Can rdiff (or anything else) do this?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:16:53 -0400

> The storebackup page explicitly says "splits big image files (from eg.
> TrueCrypt, mbox, Xen, KVM, VMware, etc.) or complete devices into small
> pieces"   ...   This is what I'm seeking, so I consider my original
> question answered.  (Thank you Billy.)

Oh, bummer.  Storebackup doesn't work so hot (at all) on OSX, and also not
so hot when the destination doesn't support hardlinks.  Basically it looks
pretty cool as long as what you want is what it does.  But it's
specialized to the point of being unable to work to backup my Parallels
image.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again....