[rdiff-backup-users] Updated mirror temp file does not match source

From: Danilo Godec
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Updated mirror temp file does not match source
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:14:03 +0200

I have about 700 machines using rdiff-backup for backing up some files.
Among those files are also log files, that may change while the backup
was initiated. LVM is not used on those machines, so I can't use the
fancy snapshot option and I can't be sure all machines will have enough
space to make a copy in a different directory. I'm interested in keeping
log files, though I don't care about those last minute changes -
unfortunately it seems that rdiff-backup doesn't save these files at all...

Is there an option to make rdiff-backup be quiet about such errors?
Maybe some sorts of '--changing-files' that would tell rdiff-backup that
it's OK for these files to change during backup and that it should store
whatever it will get?

Also - what causes 'File changed from regular file before signature'
errors? I'm pretty sure nobody is changing, deleting or doing anything
to my backup files, yet I get about 30-40 of these every night...

 Thansk, Danilo