Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Fatal Error: Source is not a directory

From: Ty! Boyack
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Fatal Error: Source is not a directory
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:57:28 -0600

With many programs the answer is to simply add a slash to the end of your source directory. For example if your command was:

rdiff-backup /home/user/fileToBackup  /backup/directory

then just change it to:

rdiff-backup /home/user/filesToBackup/ /backup/directory

the name 'fileToBackup' is a symlink, but when you append a slash it forces it to resolve to the destination of the symlink.

Not certain it works here, but I'd try that first.

-Ty!

Dave wrote:
Anyone know if there is a way to backup using a symlink as the source?
Thanks