Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unchanged Files Being Incremented

From: Josh Nisly
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Unchanged Files Being Incremented
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 02:37:29 -0600

I've been seeing this consistently, unless I use the --no-hard-links option. If you use that option, are unchanged files still incremented?

JoshN

Austin Roberts wrote:
Can anyone confirm that this behavior is abnormal for backing up Windows to Linux? I've tried it on XP backing up to an Ubuntu Hardy desktop, and on Vista backing up to an Ubuntu Intrepid laptop. In both cases the target file system was JFS, and I ended up with numerous increments for files that haven't changed. It may be the JFS file system, in which case I could try something else, but first I'd like some verification that people are experiencing normal behavior backing up from Windows to Linux.

- Austin