Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Combining --max-file-size and --exclude bug

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Combining --max-file-size and --exclude bug?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:28:09 -0500

On Jan 31, 2009, at 5:42 AM, Patrick Nagel wrote:
I think I will put this change in the 1.3.x branch ... do people think this should be a new option? or should we just change the semantics of --max-file-size / --min-file-size ? (I'm leaning towards the latter ...)

I'd prefer the latter. Probably nobody ever wants the current behaviour, and
thus it would not make sense to offer this as configuration option.

While we're talking about this, I noticed that this function doesn't do any special handling for directories... anyone care to comment? I think it would be strange to have rdiff-backup exclude a directory because it
had too many or too few files when using these options.

Indeed, that would be strange. Directories themselves should not be affected
by the --[min|max]-file-size option at all, imo.

Ok, this is now the behavior in the 1.3.x CVS tree.

Andrew