Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Probleme with rdiff on smbfs
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 20:44:00 -0500

On Jan 6, 2009, at 8:30 PM, sphen wrote:
i just replaced the file within the source - rebuilt etc -- looked like it was replaced under:

copying build/lib.linux-i686-2.4/rdiff_backup/fs_abilities.py -> / usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup

but for some reason i am still getting the error? i also saw revision 1.6.7 on the cvs that is not even newer... should i try that one? or beginner me -- do i need to flush some sort of cache in python?

You need to replace it on both ends (really, on the backup side). From your message, I see that you replaced it on your Linux machine, but that the error is occurring on a Mac.

Replace the copy of fs_abilities.py which is in: /Library/Python/2.5/ site-packages/rdiff_backup/fs_abilities.py on your Mac

Try that and see how it goes.

The version I directed you to is for the stable, 1.2.x branch. The 1.67 version is for development branch.

Andrew