Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SHA1 checksums missing?

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SHA1 checksums missing?
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:35:19 -0500

On Jan 1, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Lucas Burdick wrote:

Hey There,

I’m trying to verify my backups but it seems like rdiff-backup isn’t keeping SHA1 data to compare my files.  Either that or I’m totally missing something (entirely possible).

When I do a --verify  I get the following error for what seems like every file (the cron email I get is 8MB):

Warning: Cannot find SHA1 digest for file xxx,
perhaps because this feature was added in v1.1.1

Hi Lucas,

What is an example file that this happens with? More importantly, what is the type of that file? Is it a hardlink?

eg, please send:

ls -l /path/to/xxx
file /path/to/xxx

Also, what is the backup configuration you are using? (how are you running rdiff-backup?)

Andrew