Re: [rdiff-backup-users] unusual warnings using 1.2.1

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] unusual warnings using 1.2.1
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 21:44:41 -0500

On Dec 24, 2008, at 1:38 PM, John covici wrote:
Can you tell me what do these warnings mean using 1.2.1?
Warning: index ('home', 'news', 'spool', 'articles', 'alt',
'activism', '697295') missing from iterator cache
Warning index ('home', 'news', 'spool', 'articles', 'alt', 'activism',
'697295') missing from CCPP cache

The file /home/news/spool/articles/alt/activism/697295 is probably duplicated in the activism directory. An `ls` should confirm. You can safely ignore it (from a backup perspective) since rdiff-backup ignores the duplicate file.

However, if ls confirms that a duplicate file exists, you might want to take /home/news/spool/articles/alt/activism offline and run a fsck on it.

I remember a previous post to the mailing list where this same error came up, and, sure enough, there was a duplicate file in the directory (which was also a news spool directory).

Andrew