[rdiff-backup-users] Problems backing up Windows volume to local Windows

From: John Covici
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problems backing up Windows volume to local Windows share
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 07:09:36 -0500

Hi.  I am having several problems backing up a Windows ntfs disk drive
to a local windows volume.

The worst problem is that after a certain point it just stops and I have
not figured out any way to catch the error -- in the log the last thing
is just a simple rename and that's the end. Now the other problems are
that I cannot exclude the recycle bin.  I am using Vista with 1.2.2 and
here is my batch file.  The other thing of note is that I have to run
the .exe file as administrator to avoid lots of warnings about being
unable to get the security attributes.

@echo off
c:
cd \
c:\rdiff-backup-1.2.2\rdiff-backup.exe --force --verbosity 8
--terminal-verbosity 5 --exclude "c:/$recycled.bin/*" --exclude
"c:/hiberfil.sys" --exclude "c:/pagefile.sys" c:/ g:/ccs2_c

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici