[rdiff-backup-users] Samba and archfs / fuse

From: Dominic
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Samba and archfs / fuse
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:27:12 +0000

After I said that archfs is magical over Samba, I am now struggling to get it to work. :-[

The problem I believe is that fuse (upon which archfs depends) does not normally allow users, other than the user who created the mount, to access its filesystem. This can be overridden by mounting the filesystem with the "-oallow_other" mount option, a/c to the fuse FAQ (http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/fuse/index.php?title=FAQ#Why_don.27t_other_users_have_access_to_the_mounted_filesystem.3F), but when I try to specify this on the archfs command line it is rejected with 'Error: no such option; see man archfs' (which incidentally does not exist).

Can anyone tell me how to make an archfs filesystem viewable over samba?

Dominic