[rdiff-backup-users] Backup solution for Linux (Gnome)

From: NawaMan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup solution for Linux (Gnome)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:37:39 -0400

Hi all,

About a month ago, I've lost my work from my bad habit and I decided to setup
automatic backup. I look up and down and don't really find existing solution
very usable (they are going there but not yet). I know they will be ready to
use sometime in a short future but I need some solution now. So I take a look
at rdiff-backup and try to make my own solution. After a few week ends, I come
up with a solution that I think it is quite usable. I've been using it for some
time now (about a month) and I think it may be useful for others too.

The most interesting feature of EasyBackup is that you can use Gnome Emblems to
specified what files/folders to be included or excluded in the backup. Also,
you can recover/revert files/folders via Nautilus script which is very
accessible and very intuitive. It is also very easy to setup automatic backup.

If you are interested, you can take a look here. And if you have any idea,
suggestions, patches or want to use the code for other project. Just feel free
to do so.

Thank you.