[rdiff-backup-users] Permissions error when backing up?

From: stanlin
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Permissions error when backing up?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:10:31 -0400

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for replying. I have the latest rdiffbackup (1.0.5) and librsync
(0.9.7). Any ideas?

It seems to be that rdiff or python is deciding to set some unusual
permissions. To give you more info, I can create files in the same cygwin
session and they inherit the permissions I would expect. Why this magical
'None' user is showing up is baffling to an rdiff newbie like me.

Thanks,
Stan