Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Installed rdiff-backup on Windows using MinGW

From: Dave Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Installed rdiff-backup on Windows using MinGW
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:10:49 +1000

Mico Siahaan wrote:
Hi Andrew,

thanks, the current CVS version seems work well. I succeeded made Windows distribution for CVS version of rdiff-backup. It made for python 2.5. I also added some simple batch scripts into it. Anyone
Hi,
this seems to work pretty well in the basic tests I have done so far.
You can download it from here:
http://solutionsfirst.com.au/~dave/backup/rdiff-backup-1.1.17-cvs.win32-py2.5.exe

You may need to modify the rdiff-backup.bat in the scripts directory to get the paths right (its set to d: in the installer).
You need python2.5 installed for windows, which you can get from here:
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.2/python-2.5.2.msi

thanks Mico, its seems to work well.

Dave