[rdiff-backup-users] facing problem using rdiff-backup

From: Madan Kumar
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] facing problem using rdiff-backup
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:59:44 +0530

Hi all.

I am doing following on these windowsXP and Vista.
I am trying to get only incremental backup using "rdiff-backup" (that also uses rsync).
I have installed gcc compiler and by following the steps given in http://katastrophos.net/andre/blog/2005/11/02/rdiff-backup-on-windows/    web link. I have installed rdiff-backup.
But now I am not able to execute the commands for backup. Each time I face error.
In cygwin console when I try to execute "rdiff-backup"  just for checking it i get following error::

address@hidden ~/rdiff-backup-1.1.5
$ rdiff-backup --help
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in <module>
    import rdiff_backup.Main
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Main.py", line 25, in <mod
ule>
    import Globals, Time, SetConnections, selection, robust, rpath, \
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/SetConnections.py", line 3
0, in <module>
    import Globals, connection, rpath
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/connection.py", line 537,
in <module>
    import Globals, Time, Rdiff, Hardlink, FilenameMapping, C, Security, \
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Rdiff.py", line 22, in <mo
dule>
    import os, librsync
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/librsync.py", line 28, in
<module>
    import _librsync
ImportError: No such file or directory

Please guide me whether i am missing any step in installing rdiff-backup.
And what command should i execute to get back up of the file or directory, and again incremental backup using rdiff-backup.

Waiting for your great support.

Thanks
Regards
M Chauhan