[rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 4 windows (no cygwin needed!)

From: Fred Gansevles
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup 4 windows (no cygwin needed!)
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:23:33 +0200

Hello,

   I am currently working on a port for rdiff-backup that runs with
ActivePython.

   It is a work in progress, but the first builds of the _librsync.pyd
and C.pyd already work (mostly).

   The next step is to build a posix-module that, when imported,
magically provides a _working_ os.stat,
   pwd and grp modules and whatever is needed.

   Since I am new to the rdiff-backup scene, could somebody introduce
me to someone that know more
   about the rdiff-on-windows problems?

   What I have build so far can be downloaded from
http://www.betterbe.com/rdiff

   I'd like to know if more people think this port is useful.

Fred Gansevles.
address@hidden