[rdiff-backup-users] Windows ACLs

From: Dale Qualls
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Windows ACLs
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:07:28 -0600

I could have sworn that I saw somewhere that there is an additional package that can be installed to allow for the backup of Windows file permissions using rdiff-backup.  I've been googling like crazy and can't seem to find it again.

Is it possible to backup a windows source to a *nix destination server and retain those permissions to be used when restoring a file?  I'm running the stable version and I just looked at the faq for the unstable version and still can't find a reference to windows file permissions.  I'm guessing that it isn't supported yet, is this true?

Thanks for any help/guidance that anyone can toss my way.

The preceding message and any attachments may contain confidential information protected by the attorney-client or other privilege. You may not forward this message or any attachments without the permission of the sender. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please reply to the sender that you received the message in error and then delete it. Nothing in this email message, including the typed name of the sender and/or this signature block, is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in the message.