[rdiff-backup-users] FileExists error?

From: Matt
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] FileExists error?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:12:37 +0100

Hello.  I'm wondering if anyone can help me..

I had a backup fail.. managed to get it going again using "--force"
after finding the problem listed online, but it only worked once.

Now it always fails.

It either fails because it can't regress the destination or it fails
because "increments" already exists.

I've tried moving the earlier "current" file out of the way (which I
understand is the workaround for failure to regress) and I've tried
removing the increments directory (which seemed to be the logical thing
to do if it's complaining that FileExists).  I've tried doing both at
once but it STILL fails.. often it complains "increments" already exists
even though it didn't when the backup started.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can get my backup working again without
having to start from scratch?  It's about 60Gb over a 2mbps connect so
doing a full backup is not my first choice.

Can post more complete logs of the various failures if that would help.

Thanks in advance,

Matt