[rdiff-backup-users] Could someone please suggest a backup strategy?

From: FamiliaFrazelle
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Could someone please suggest a backup strategy?
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:11:48 -0700

i've been able to finally create a simple rdiff-backup file consisting of basically one line:

#!/bin/bash
echo "Hi everyone!  This is my first script!"
sudo rdiff-backup /home/frazelle09/Documents /home/frazelle09/Network/JALALFRAZELLE/200Gig/HomeBackups

As you can probably tell, this copies my /home directory to another computer.  i have copied the resulting directories and subdirectories and the rdiff-file to a DVD.

Can anyone suggest a good strategy to backup say every two weeks?  When i used to use Windows, i'd use a file manager and just select all the new or changed files once a month, output in the original folder structure, and copy the whole thing to a CD, but rdiff-backup looks more elegant and it's something that i may even be able to continue to work on as time goes on.

Any help would be appreciated!  Have a great evening!  :-)