Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SafeKeep version 1.0.1 (stable) released

From: Jim C. Nasby
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] SafeKeep version 1.0.1 (stable) released
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:29:30 -0500

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 07:26:04PM -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:
> This is release 1.0.1 of SafeKeep, a centralized and easy to use
> backup application that combines the best features of a mirror
> and an incremental backup.

SafeKeep looks interesting, but it's not entirely clear to me what it
offers over and above rdiff-backup, other than a centralized
configuration. I found your motivation page, but it doesn't really
describe what you found lacking in rdiff-backup.

Also, does it absolutely depend on snapshot capabilities? I have a
mixture of FreeBSD and OS X, neither of which currently have
snapshotting (at least until ZFS...)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  address@hidden