Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Building rdiff-backup from CVS

From: Sébastien Maret
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Building rdiff-backup from CVS
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 14:15:38 -0400

On 3/6/07, Andrew Ferguson <address@hidden> wrote:
Sebastien Maret wrote:
> How can I build rdiff-backup from the CVS version? There is no
> setup.py at the root. There is one in dist/ but ot can be called from
> there.

There's a CVS-README that explains how to run from CVS.

If you want to install from CVS, simply execute compilec.py in the
rdiff_backup folder and then copy that folder to your Python
installation's site-packages folder.

The files in the top directory called "rdiff-backup" and
"rdiff-backup-statistics" go in a folder in your PATH. (They're the top
level scripts that use the modules in the folder you just installed in
site-packages.)

Thanks.

I don't understand what is the point of this though. Why not just just
move the setup.py script on the top directory? One just need to
replace "cmodule.c" by "rdiff_backup/cmodule.c" and
"_librsyncmodule.c" by "rdiff_backup/_librsyncmodule.c" in this script
and it works just fine.

Sébastien