Re: [rdiff-backup-users] BUG: directory with no permission

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] BUG: directory with no permission
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:43:20 -0500

Frederic Bastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found a bug. I'm a Java/C/C++ programmer, so it will be easier
> for you to correct it them it. I use rdiff-backup 1.1.9. I have
> simplified the step to reproduce it like this:
>
> #mkdir t
> #chmod a-rxw t
> #rdiff-backup t t2

What's interesting here is that if run as root then it goes fine. The
reason is because:

# ls t
ls: t: Permission denied
# sudo ls t
#

There's no problem running ls as root on a closed directory, but there
is even if you're the owner. If you look at the stack trace, the failure
is exactly in a call to os.listdir(self.path)

I'll try to look into fixing this.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ferguson - address@hidden