Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: backup project to a quota limited directory

From: Ahmed Kamal
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: backup project to a quota limited directory
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:34:07 +0200

thanks a lot for the help. I'm afraid having people in just one group is not really possible, as a group is a project, and people will be working on multiple projects, that's just a fact.
I wasn't aware ssh keys could restrict users in certain directories like that, any pointers please? It still looks hackish though. Isn't there any client side option to force running some command "newgrp" in this case on the server, before the actual transfer begins ?

On 2/13/07, Chris Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ahmed,

> oops, having everyone login as the same user is evil. And yes, Linux can
> surely impose quota on Unix groups "edquota -g". So, any tricks how to force
> a Unix group for pushed files? Perhaps something that kinda uses
> --remote-schema!

Can you make them all members of just one group on the backup server? Then
rdiff-backup on the server will be forced to use that group, I think.

But why is it evil to make them log in as the same user anyway? You can
give them different SSH keys that restrict them to different directories
so that they can't see each others' files anyway.

Cheers, Chris.
--
\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |