Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with "no usable temporary directory" er

From: Arone Silimantia
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with "no usable temporary directory" error...
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 21:37:27 -0800 (PST)

address@hidden wrote:
> (it is an rsync.net offsite backup account)
ah - ok!

you may also try address@hidden and ask for help there....

Thanks - that's very helpful.

Ok, back to the error I am having with rdiff-backup:

I am receiving this error:

IOError: [Errno 2] No usable temporary directory found in ['/tmp',
'/var/tmp', '/usr/tmp', '/']

And I have two questions:

First, is the error referring to a lack of temp space on the receiver or on the sender ?  It does not specify, so I want to be cautious and _confirm_  which it is telling me.

Second, _if_ it is indeed referring to the receiver, is it possible for me to instruct rdiff-backup, from my (sender) end, to use an alternate /tmp location on the receiver ?

And finally, just for the record, I am not out of space in either location - there is plenty of space on my (sender) end, and my home directory on (receiver) has plenty of space as well.  Why were previous rdiff-backup runs successful, but now they are failing, even though nothing has changed ?

Thanks.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...