Re: [rdiff-backup-users] please resend tested patches

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] please resend tested patches
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 21:33:51 -0500

dean gaudet wrote:
> hi... i figure it can't hurt too badly if i commit patches which i've only
> read and not tested.  can't be worse than the current situation.

Thanks Dean!

I'll try to do some more testing with my patches -- the only possible
issue I anticipate is if someone does a backup on Day 1, applies the
patches on Day 2, does a backup on Day 3, and on Day 4 tries to restore
from Day 1. Maybe rdiff-backup will complain if, for example, it tries
to set a creation date but cannot find one in the Day 1 backup?

Other than that, they've tested well.

Thanks again,
Andrew

--