Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to remote server fails and won't recover

From: Santos
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] backup to remote server fails and won't recover
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 13:04:57 +0000

Yeroc wrote:
Jesse,

Have you found a solution for this problem?  I'm experiencing the same
thing.  It's very unfortunate that it doesn't seem to support resumes...

--- Me too ---

Jesse Allen Crouch wrote:
I've got rdiff-backup setup to backup to a samba mount point. I'm trying to do a full system backup and it always fails at some point or another.. either due to the link or because of some random error. If I restart the backup process it won't let me until I delete the rdiff-backup-data directory. When I delete this directory it does not resume the process from where it left off, but goes back to the beginning and reads through all the files on the destination machine before it gets to where it left off. Is there any way to make it skip this or any other way around resuming backup failures?