[rdiff-backup-users] Simple nightly script?

From: Greg Freemyer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Simple nightly script?
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:15:15 -0400

All,

I've looked at the examples at http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/examples.html, but none of them seem to address automated nightly scripts and error handling.

Are there some more complex examples available?

=== Details
I haven't used rdiff-backup for a couple of years and I never did have it integrated into a nightly cron script for production use.

My needs have changed and I want to give it another shot.

I'm backing up to a local directory on a dedicated backup disk so it is easy enough to add "rdiff-backup /src /backup" to my backup script.

But what about catching errors?

Seems like I should be sending output to a log file, grepping thru it and e-mailing it to myself if anything goes wrong.

I've looked at the examples at http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/examples.html, but none of them seem to address this common need.

Thanks
Greg
--