Re: [rdiff-backup-users] stupid, stupid question, but necessary to know

From: J. Norment
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] stupid, stupid question, but necessary to know answer
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:09:34 -0500

After the way this thread has gained a life of its own, I hesitate to admit an error on my part: I had permissions issues that prevented the rdiff-backup-data path from being written correctly to DVD... and thought that I somehow excluded the path during the backup...

Chris Wilson wrote:

Hi J,

I think I did a bone-headed thing. I excluded the rdiff-backup-data path in the backup. I probably want that path in order to do incremental restores... is that correct?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What command did you use, and why are you worried about the results?

Cheers, Chris.