Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Does rdiff-backup unlink before updating target

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Does rdiff-backup unlink before updating target files? (for pooling)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:21:59 -0700 (PDT)

rdiff-backup behaves similar to rsync in this respect -- it requires
enough temp space to make a copy+patch of your largest file... it doesn't
update files in place (doesn't even have the option to do that).

btw you're doing something somewhat like another tool called dirvish
does...

rdiff-backup shouldn't be confused by files within its mirror which are
hardlinked to files outside the mirror.

-dean