Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Has anyone managed to run rdiff-backup on windo

From: Karjala
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Has anyone managed to run rdiff-backup on windows?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:25:27 +0300

I didn't manage to install rsync on cygwin (the configure process pauses at some stage with no end).

But I guess that's unrelated to this list.

Thanks anyways.

Chris Wilson wrote:
Hi Karjala,

Thanks! I tried to run the install script and got this:

_librsyncmodule.c:25:22: librsync.h: No such file or directory

I guess this belongs to one of the packages in cygwin that I didn't install. Is there a way to find out which package contains a certain file in Cygwin?

I don't know of any, but then, I don't think this file is available in a Cygwin package. You could try downloading librsync (see links on the rdiff-backup homepage) and compile and install it yourself.

Cheers, Chris.