[rdiff-backup-users] rh7.3 and debian etch

From: Chris Fanning
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] rh7.3 and debian etch
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:21:30 +0200

Hello,

I'm a new user and have run into my first question.

Some time ago I installed rdiff-backup-1.0.1 on a rh7.3 server and did
some tests with rdiff-backup. Now I'd like to use it for real so I've
added a new big hd to the system.

My local server that I want to backup is a debian etch and I have just
installed apt-get install rdiff-backup.

********************
Testing server started by:  ssh -C address@hidden rdiff-backup --server
Server may work, but there is a version mismatch:
Local version: 1.1.5
Remote version: 1.0.1

In general, an attempt is made to guarantee compatibility only between
different minor versions of the same stable series.  For instance, you
should expect 0.12.4 and 0.12.7 to be compatible, but not 0.12.7
and 0.13.3, nor 0.13.2 and 0.13.4.

This doesn't sound very good.
Are there new rpms for rh7.3 or do I have to upgrade rdiff-backup and
dependencies by hand? Suggestions?

Cheers.
Chris.