Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup - ACL troubles!

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup - ACL troubles!
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:18:30 -0600

> I have ACLs enabled on my Tiger system and have noticed that pylibacl
> throws an IOError when you attempt to read the ACL for a file/dir that
> does not have an ACL set yet eg.

Thanks, I forwarded your report to the pylibacl author and will let
the list know if he gets back to me.  In the meantime, feel free to
spend some quality time with the posix1e and pylibacl documentation ;)

Offhand I think this bug is probably too serious to try to work around
it in rdiff-backup, and plan to wait for the fix in pylibacl or
Darwin.