Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup - ACL troubles!

From: Murali Vadivelu
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup - ACL troubles!
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:46:48 +0000

Dear Ben,

Does it use the Mac OS X specific command /usr/sbin/fsaclctl command? If that is the case it would fail as the OS probably stores the ACL enabled status at the root of the volume.

I tested it with python and manually and it works with all the folders/ files within the ACL enabled volumes as expected! Given this, I do not understand why rdiff-backup should bail out as it is python based and uses pylibacl.

With many thanks.

Best regards,
Murali.