Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fink rdiff-backup 1.1.0 problems
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:50:40 -0500

>    File "/sw/lib/python2.4/site-packages/rdiff_backup/metadata.py",
> line 247, in get_next_pos
> IOError: CRC check failed

It seems your most recent mirror_metadata file is corrupt.  You can
check their integrity by by running:

    gzip -t rdiff-backup-data/mirror_metadata.<time here>.gz

If this is the problem, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem
in the version you have.  (You've been testing versions that have been
crashing a lot recently.)

So try running 1.1.0 on a clean repository.  If this works with no
issues (and it gets the quoting right) you can try using 1.0.x to make
a backup and then test to make sure 1.1.0 can upgrade it correctly.

> I will be heading on the road in about two hours.  I won't be back
> home until Monday night, so I won't be able to any more testing until
> then.

No problem, thanks for the testing you've done so far, I hope the
current version is working pretty well.