Re: [rdiff-backup-users] updating terminal servers.

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] updating terminal servers.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:50:35 +0100

Chris Fanning wrote:
I'd like to ask the list if you think I'm going about this the right way.
Is there some sort of rdiff-backup model (or other) that can push
updates out onto client servers without overwriting local
configurations?

Although you could probably make rdiff-backup do this, it really isn't designed for that purpose. Apart from anything else, by default rdiff-backup expects to have complete control over the destination directory.

Have you considered using cf_engine or FAI to do what you want?

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |    http://www.TheLinuxConsultancy.co.uk     |