Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Getting Error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0

From: Davy Durham
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Getting Error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 23:33:02 -0500

Ok, now I feel stupid ;)

Now that I remember, I think I'm running 1.0.0.. but it's with the patch applied that you gave me to fix the problem.. perhaps I missed on of the machines. I'll be sure to update all machines to 1.0.1 official and will let you know if it still happens.

Ben Escoto wrote:

Davy Durham <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:36:54 -0500
I'm getting the following error with rdiff-backup 1.0.0

Any ideas? Does a later version fixed this issue?

Processing changed file home/bofflimited/foo
Sending back exception 'filetype' of type exceptions.KeyError:
555, in get_attached_filetype
   return self.data['filetype']

Yes, v1.0.1 should fix this problem.  Here is a relevant excerpt from
the CHANGELOG:

New in v1.0.1 (2005/09/10)

Fix for "'filetype' of type exceptions.KeyError" error when restoring.
Test case provided by Davy Durham.  (The problem was the
mirror_metadata file could become un-synced when a file is deleted
when rdiff-backup is running and later the directory that file is in
gets deleted.)

Aren't you glad you reported that bug earlier? ;)