Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)

From: Golden Butler
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] RDIFF-F!CKUP (Very frusttrated)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:42:53 -0500

Dave and Marteen,

The iomega device I'm using is not formatted as FAT32.  It's partitioned and formatted as reiserfs.  Is this filesystem type not recommended?  Also, I did upgrade rdiff-backup to version 1.0.1 with the same results.   It seems like something fundamental that I'm missing but I can't figure it out.  I really appreciate your guys input.  Any more suggestions of advice?

Golden Delamatrix

Dave Kempe wrote:
Golden Butler wrote:

Why would rdiff-backup fail at this point? If I can't get rdiff-backup
to backup a folder with three small text files, how would ever get it
backup up my company's data of over 50 GB? Any help or suggestions is
greatly appreciated.

Where you using FAT32 on this drive? I don't think rdiff-backup doesn't
work on FAT32. I suggest you use ext3. If you need to be able to read
ext3 on windows there is an excellent ext3 driver for xp and 2000 i think

thanks

dave