Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup does not accept destination direct

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup does not accept destination directory
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:57:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Moritz Naumann wrote:

> Warning: su: Permission denied

not sure where that's coming from, rdiff-backup won't invoke su on its
own.

> I also tried removing /home/backupschizo/schizo/ and then retrying
> rdiff-backup with the usage given by backupninja. However, this gave
> exactly the same errors.

the destination doesn't exist and you asked it to "--remove-older-than
60D" ... i suppose we could let that slip by when the destination doesn't
exist, but for now it errors out... so "don't do that" :)  create a backup
first.

> I'm also wondering how or whether it is possible to use rdiff-backup on
> a different port than 22?

yeah, use --remote-schema, or use a .ssh/config entry which looks
something like:

        host foohost-otherport
                port NNNN
                hostname foohost

then backup using foohost-otherport::/baz/bat

-dean