[rdiff-backup-users] Re: spec file doesn't build on SuSE due to differin

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: spec file doesn't build on SuSE due to differing doc directories
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:59:54 -0500

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:44:42 -0500, Ben Escoto wrote:

> Ok I added
>
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/doc/*
>
> at the end of the %install section.  I don't really understand why
> this would help, but it didn't seem to hurt.

To explain why it helps: Otherwise, on a distro which places doc
files in a different location than where distutils does, RPM's unpackaged
files check causes it to die on account of the doc files being in the
build tree without being specified in the %files section (because the
filenames without paths are assumed to be in the distro-specific location,
/usr/share/doc/packages/<package> rather than /usr/share/doc/<package>, so
the ones in the "wrong" location are treated as unspecified).

In any event, thanks for applying this!