Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Warning: ownership cannot be changed on filesys

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Warning: ownership cannot be changed on filesystem
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:12:31 -0500

> After upgrading to v. 1.0, I consistently get the following warning when
> backing up:
>
> Warning: ownership cannot be changed on filesystem at
> /backup-data/backup3/hosts/HOSTNAME/_home/rdiff-backup-data

Yeah, that warning will probably be misleading most of the time.  The
filesystem checks for ownership changing during the initial
fs-abilities checks, so it will warn about not being able to change
ownership before it knows whether or not it needs to.

Anyway I just removed it, now you don't get a warning even if you are
backing up other people's files and aren't root.