Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Potential file selection bug

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Potential file selection bug
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 22:54:31 -0700

> I'm putting together an rdiff-backup setup, making use of the
> --include-globbing-filelist option. My usage is straightforward,
> except for one little twist which apparently isn't working as it
> should.
> It seems to me that either I am misunderstanding the rules by which
> rdiff-backup interprets the globbing filelist (and perhaps there is
> a better way to express the stated aim), or this is a bug in the
> program.

Hi, thank you for your well documented test.  I think the bug is fixed
now in CVS.  See

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/rdiff_backup/selection.py.diff?r2=1.41&r1=1.40&diff_format=u

for the patch.  Note in your test, one of the lines had a trailing
space, which probably caused some confusion also.  I'm unsure if it's
a bug for rdiff-backup to interpret a space literally (especially a
trailing one) but that behavior isn't changed by this patch, so be
careful about that.